The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 05:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General Site News
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2005 13:08 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Updated Admin and Mod list.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2005 12:46 

Updated the Fallout PnP Links and added a couple of more links. :AH

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2005 12:51 

Once again updated the mods and admin list to current. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2005 00:29 

Added the Biohazard Smiley East had requested. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2005 12:45 

Added new smilies and avatars.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2005 19:26 

Added a new forum to The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant Dickinson, called The Peoples of the Wastes.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005 13:05 

Well folks I finally submitted The Gunny to Baen Books today. I felt it would be good Karma to submit it on Thanksgiving when the nuke attack took place on the same holiday in the book. :gl

When it gets published, and I feel it will, I promise that all who have stood by me and helped my world come to life, you WILL be rewarded for your loyalty. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005 18:49 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I think I speak for all of us when I say: WOOOHOOO!

I'll be first in line to buy a copy when it's published! :bs

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2005 12:16 

Added a new forum, called the Fantastic Worlds of Civilization. Also added the forums for the civ mods that so far, are going to be hosted here,
Fallout and Star trek: The Mod.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005 14:54 

Installed the new themes of Fiblack3d, Chronicles, and Marble. Check them out. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005 16:37 

Added the Solaris Theme. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2005 14:40 

Added the MSTrenches, UT, and ClanzDarkness2 Themes. Check them out.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006 21:23 

Even though I did not get the input I had wished, I have went ahead and created the new roleplaying subforums in the Forum Roleplaying Section. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2006 11:58 

Updated site rules.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2006 08:46 

Updated the Site Rules. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006 08:17 

1. Added new avatars to the site.

2. The War of the Worlds and Great Lost Civilizations mods for civ three have been added to the Fantastic Worlds of Civilization forum. Check them out.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2007 09:01 

Its been a while since I updated the news. Sorry about that.

Fixed more picture links to make them WOTG FTP internal instead of outside links. Unfortunately I had to remove one since its outside link was no longer valid.

I have to apologise to everyone who has been waiting on me for many different things, be it the saga or the mods I have been working on. Real Life has been hell on Earth for me these past few weeks. The worst thing is my finding out my mother has some growths in her colon, and they may be malignant. :cry

I know this is no excuse for breaking the promises I have made, but my mind has been focused elsewhere and I have not been able to concentrate on anything else besides my mother's condition.

Only last night was I able to concentrate enough to get something done, but even that needs serious work to be cleaned up. So, please have patience with me, eventually I will return to full net status, but it may be a while. :ad

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007 20:50 

Well I see the 22nd of May passed by every member of World of the Gunny. :as

Since everybody has forgotten, or never cared, :w The 22nd of May was World of the Gunny's second birthday. So the site is now officially 2 years of age. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007 09:29 

Major, and I mean major addition to the avatars available for use. You all may wish to check out the new selections. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400