The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 03:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 00:29 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Master Thor here was just reminding me of my duties. Greetings Fe and watch out for the mutant rats and roaches, I tell you those bastards are pretty big now. Can't imagine why they got so big. *Stashes the Food of the Gods in the garbage shoot*

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 00:40 
Private

G'day, I'm the one and only Duckman...

I'm from the nuclear wasteland of Australia, Sydney specifically and have loved Fallout since, well I found out about it.

Hoping to be a frequent poster on this forum,
See you around,

The Duckman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 00:57 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Duckman, welcome to the World of the Gunny. Pull up an ammo crate and stay a while. And there is a Nuka Cola machine just down the hall. :bs

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 12:13 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Don't let Carib see you near it though :w

Welcome to WotG. Just to let you in on a secret, there aRe Piles of subliminal messages here. :bs

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 22:20 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Hey Duckman. Glad to have some new blood. Don't worry about what BOS said, I don't hurt nobody over Nuka-Cola *see the vein on his head rise a bit*

Have fun mate. Glad to know we're going international.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 01:14 
Private

Quote:
Hey Duckman. Glad to have some new blood. Don't worry about what BOS said, I don't hurt nobody over Nuka-Cola *see the vein on his head rise a bit*

Hehe, I really need to slow down on the Nuka-Cola stuff, it keeps giving me the message "it does nothing" while I need a fix of the warm flat cola.

Quote:
Have fun mate. Glad to know we're going international.

Hell, a fallout forum is my kinda place. No matter which country I may be conversing with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 01:30 
Corporal
Corporal

So could I ask the origin of the beverage that you all seem so delighted in partaking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 03:01 
Private

Ah the fabled Nuka-cola...

Oh sorry, I see you could have got it confused with another beverage... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 03:41 
Corporal
Corporal

glug glug <burp> :gl

The reason I ask is to possibly include this icon of the Fallout world into the mod that Thorgrimm is creating for a game called Civ3 :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 03:47 
Private

Yes, it would make an awesome addition.

In fact I think it should be a luxury resource providing happiness to the public. Except for the fact that it creates health issues due to the whole addiction thing.

I'm sorry, I know this is the wrong forum... I couldn't resist spouting my ideas. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 04:01 
Corporal
Corporal

Well my fault actually :AE

However if you have any ideas ... do mention them on the Fallout : The Rebirth of Civilization thread.

... And unless you havn't figgered ... I'm from Tassie :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 04:23 
Private

Heh, I saw that you were from Tassie, and I thought that it may have been an abbreviation of something else. But realising my idiocy, I know you are from Tassie.

:AE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:26 

Unlike other forums we are a lil more FORGIVING on thread evolution. As long as it is not spam, all is ok. So no worries on that front my Aussie friends. :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2006 23:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Yup, the folks here in WOTG are much nicer and forgiving then those snobs in NMA. Just as long as you don't peddle smooch or Jet, you're good and dandy.

Oh, on another note, I notice Thorgrimm took it to the man on NMA. A pity I wasn't able to post. Would have loved to give my three cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 00:27 
Private

Quote:
Yup, the folks here in WOTG are much nicer and forgiving then those snobs in NMA. Just as long as you don't peddle smooch or Jet, you're good and dandy.

I was just waiting for someone to come up and say something about NMA, but for what it's worth, the people here are so much more welcoming...

Quote:
Oh, on another note, I notice Thorgrimm took it to the man on NMA. A pity I wasn't able to post. Would have loved to give my three cents.

Congrats to Thor on that my man! Taking it to the man hehe... Anywho, thanks for the welcoming, I'll see you around the forum.

:AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006 02:03 
Corporal
Corporal

Well, this is a free city. And well Thor is a tough guy, he doesn't take a brow beating without a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008 17:57 
Private

'Lo, Everyone; As you can see, I'm Kyzak. I came for the PnP, and I think due to large amounts of win I'll be around a while.

Speaking of PnP, yes, me and PIP may be starting something. I am a newbie at it, I admit, but three years of stat RPing experience can help with that, no? In any case, I'll post more about it in the PnP section once I have Pip's "GO" to get some members. Right now it's just him and me, not sure what stage we're at. I've got ORPG fully functional, dice setup, and I've read just about all the material on the sourcelinks page, so I think I'm set.

Speaking of the sourcelinks.. some of them are really buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008 15:27 

Kyzak wrote:
'Lo, Everyone; As you can see, I'm Kyzak. I came for the PnP, and I think due to large amounts of win I'll be around a while.

Speaking of PnP, yes, me and PIP may be starting something. I am a newbie at it, I admit, but three years of stat RPing experience can help with that, no? In any case, I'll post more about it in the PnP section once I have Pip's "GO" to get some members. Right now it's just him and me, not sure what stage we're at. I've got ORPG fully functional, dice setup, and I've read just about all the material on the sourcelinks page, so I think I'm set.

Speaking of the sourcelinks.. some of them are really buggy.

Kyzak, welcome to the World of the Gunny, pull up an ammo crate next to the fire and have a nice flat warm Nuka Cola on the Gunny. :bs

As for PnP, I would love to but between my writing and game designing I do not have much time for that anymore. :cry Had to actually cut out most of my net time to get the books and game finished into publishable format.

But you folks are more than welcome to use WoTG for your PnP gaming. Anything you need forumwise, just give a shout. Including ULing files for others to share.

As for bad links, can you list which ones so I can correct them?

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008 23:00 
Private

It's not broken links such as broken files. Most of the files, once converted to RTD format, have parts of their sections off in a completely other area and roughly 30% of the actual file is a bunch of really small, long boxes.

I'm working on fixing them up to make them readable, at least the prereq ones such as the sheets and the guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008 11:05 

Kyzak wrote:
It's not broken links such as broken files. Most of the files, once converted to RTD format, have parts of their sections off in a completely other area and roughly 30% of the actual file is a bunch of really small, long boxes.

I'm working on fixing them up to make them readable, at least the prereq ones such as the sheets and the guide.

Why are you converting their format? They are perfectly readable as is. I just went through them and they were perfectly legible. :AC

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008 05:43 
Private

Þórgrímr wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

Why are you converting their format? They are perfectly readable as is. I just went through them and they were perfectly legible. :AC

Cheers, Þórgrímr

My computer can't read PDF files for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008 14:25 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Kyzak wrote:

You have adobe acrobat reader 9.0 installed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008 23:01 
Private

haegan2007 wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

You have adobe acrobat reader 9.0 installed?

I don't have any Adobe programs, I don't think. I'll have to ask my brother for the disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008 10:51 

Kyzak wrote:
I don't have any Adobe programs, I don't think. I'll have to ask my brother for the disc.

You can google Adobe Acrobat Reader for free. Then those PDF docs will be viewable by you.

In fact, here is a link to a DL of it. :AH

Adobe 9.0 Reader

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400