The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A New Dark Age Approaches if the West Should Fail
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2007 09:18 
Sergeant Major of the USMC
Sergeant Major of the USMC

With all the goings on in the world I just had to write something about my impression of what is happening on this poor old planet.

I wonder if it has it occurred to the jack-rabbits who want to take down The West so they can share in the "goodies" The West has "hoarded", that if they take down The West, there won't BE any goodies to share?

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not talking about Islam. They don't want to share the goodies. The want to return to the Dark Ages. It's the Useful Idiots of the Left, who cry, whine and catterwaul about how the rest of the world is starving and suffering because The West is successful and rich.

They seem to believe that if The West wasn't rich, powerful and successful, the rest of the world would be. Somehow, we have stolen the success, power and riches from the rest of the world.

Historically, the closest thing to the current spread of civilization, culture, and technology, was the Roman Empire. It was the high water mark of the ancient world. And when the Empire failed, the world plunged into the Dark Ages... from which it struggled for centuries to emerge.

When Rome fell, it's wealth, luxury and resources were not shared by the world. They disappeared. They disappeared because it took the organization that was the Empire to produce them.

The riches and success the Left believes The West has "stolen" from the rest of the world, and which they would liberate for the rest of the world by destroying The West, will cease to exit as soon as The West falls.

What they don't understand is that The West doesn't have wealth and success; The West is wealth and success.

A more modern example of this is the death of Rhodesia. It was a rich, prosperous, well-fed, functional and successful country. But the idea grew that the white elite, whose farmlands were the backbone of Rhodesian wealth, had "stolen" them from "the People", and that they should be "liberated" from these oppressors, and returned to the people so they could share in the wealth they produced.

But, when the lands were "liberated" along with the farmers driven off and given to "the people", they ceased to be successful, profitable or productive farms. What the ignorant "liberators" failed to understand is that there was no inherent wealth in the farmland, nor a mine or well. It requires people with the knowledge, skill, the ambition and motivation, the technology and the culture to exploit its potential.

The foolish believed there was some sort of magic in the land itself; that mere ownership conferred wealth and success. Working, productive farms, creating wealth and success only had to be "owned" to produce those riches for their owner. Apparently owners were thought to be interchangeable, the land itself the source and generator of the wealth.

When they separated the original owners, the makers of success, from the land, it may as well have been a sterile desert. The new owners, the "people" expecting magical wealth produced nothing. No crops, no food, no profit. No wealth. From a successful, functioning, food-exporting country, Zimbabwe has become utterly disfunctional, a nightmare of chaos, barbarism, starvation and disease.

This is an object lesson the lunatics of the Left have to learn:

Should The West fail, the world will not suddenly share in its supposedly hoarded wealth. The wealth will fail insofar as The West does. And nothing will be left for anyone but the wisp of smoke and memory.

And a New Dark Age.

I will close this post with a quote from my favorite British Politician, Winston Churchill;

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.” --Winston Churchill

Lets hope it never comes to that, but I have my doubts.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400