The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions to the Great Leader
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 11:23 
Corporal
Corporal

I couldn't see where else this question would fit ... so started a new thread.

... Let's use this as our direct line to god and have him reply to queries from the ranks :AH

Query 1 ... Since there is little movement on the CFC thread, is it permissable to post the odd screenie to try and generate some discussion over there???

Reason
... you may find some additional Gamma team testers.
... some discussion may also generate ideas.

What say you Oh leader ??? :ac

Query 2 ... Can you recommend any sites worth a visit to get info about Fallout?

Query 3 ... Can you recommend any books worth a read to get some inspiration for the Fallout mod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 12:25 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Sure go ahead and post screenies, but make sure you let them know this site is where most of the stuff will occur, including new units and the like.

http://user.tninet.se/~wcw454p/guides.html

This site has THE best walkthroughs of both games. Best place to get info on the game.

As for books only one that comes close is a Canticle for Liebowitz.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 21:25 
Corporal
Corporal

Posting now with an update of the team and Vuldacon's Brain picture. :AH

Just incase there are others like BOS who don't know about CFC
... here is the link to the Fallout mod discussion on the site.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=84638

If ya gonna join ... mention fe3333au sent ya ... ummm ... and I'll organise a nice foot rub for ya :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 22:52 

Fe, I just read your post on CFC, good one. :br

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 04:10 
Corporal
Corporal

Thorgrimm

Is it possible for you to get a screenie of all the units

I'm thinking of having separate screenies for each civ and separted placed on a neutral coloured background (Desert)

I'd like a separation of about 3 tiles and in preferanbly in ranks where each line is a new era.

Reason ... it would be good to have this summary (which could easily be updated) ... and it would give a 'feel' for each civ and generate discusion on the units required :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 09:50 

Fe, sounds good. Will get to that ASAP. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Last edited by Þórgrímr on 16 Apr 2006 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:13 
Corporal
Corporal

Check CFC Fallout ... we have another person with graphics and unit making ability offering to help as Game Tester ... Quinzy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:26 

Fe, yup, already approved his app. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:41 
Corporal
Corporal

Would have helped if I'd added an url with the link :AE

Guess that means a demotion :cry

Actually regarding the revival in interest in the CFC Fallout thread ... hope it's OK, I understand frustration when RL issues or expressions to help wain. But I honestly think that if people see activity it generally helpswith volunteers.

I will take some time off from testing over Easter to nut out some Tech Tree issues.

... and come up with a rough to discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:48 

Sure sounds fine my friend. But I thought at least YOU would have given more thought to my tech chains I had proposed. So far only one small blurb from ANY of my team. Gonna need more input than that team. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:17 
Corporal
Corporal

I thought I mentioned that I like the idea of having a chain of similar techs linked together.

It is really good idea since it can focus our thoughts on how the technology evolves and then what benefits are developed from this knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:29 

Fe, yeah you made a small mention, that last post was aimed at the rest of the team actually. Sorry about that. :AE

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 10:05 
Corporal
Corporal

Just a big picture query

Thor,

Do you see releasing a Beta version to public once the bigger bugs are fixed and then continue reworking and adding Civ and new tech tree.

or wait

just wondering what your thoughts are ... I have none on the subjest and see it as totally your call :bs

EDIT: Fe, no RL names in public please. :bs Cheers, Thor

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 10:08 

Fe, no the beta will be closed, As I still am unsure as to who wishes to test and who just wishes to dl the mod and scam off with it. Also nothing with my name on it is fully released till I give the ok. It is my rep attached to it. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400