PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011 09:21 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

haegan2007 wrote:
Too many variables!!!!

Hey a shiny!

You can do it! :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject: Re: GM One Click
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011 18:49 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ken has heavily modified the empire and region sheets so I have to do some modifying based off of that. While doing this we are going to be added additional capabilities that will take much of the load off of the GM. Hopefully we will not create many bugs while doing these at the same time.

Currently we are working on moving data from the region Terrain sheet to the Empire Economic sheet. This is spread across 2 subroutines.

Sub BeginningEconomicsSheet() -- need to do this entirely, and have it wipe old data on the Empire economic sheet that we don't want to reference while updating it again

Sub UpdateEconomicsSheet() -- currently working here. about half done.

PostPosted: 04 May 2011 20:30 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

population increase/decrease code has not changed and has had its notes reviewed.

Sub UpdateEconomicsSheet() -- removed a lot of old obsolete code and double checked placing. this moves info from the region Terrain sheet to the Empire Economic sheet.

Sub NotProcessed() -- This will be renamed and the sheets called should be processed, with the exception of the diplomacy and movement sections. GM will have a notice of the orders found placed into the Turn notes text file.

PostPosted: 04 May 2011 20:43 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

"Fleet _ Ground" sheet in Empire workbook has its orders processed to the GM Turn text file. This is all requiring a GM to intercede with as we don't have a map or effective terrain checking/movement ability setup to track this. This would almost require a actual database to reliably track. Never mind checks for contacts with hostile units or non-hostile strangers!

PostPosted: 04 May 2011 21:07 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

shipyards sheet on the Empire workbook is next.

PostPosted: 04 May 2011 21:23 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

We need to add a IUU expenditure to the shipyard sheet. in case they can make them with IUU instead of Production Points.

PostPosted: 05 May 2011 09:59 

haegan2007 wrote:
We need to add a IUU expenditure to the shipyard sheet. in case they can make them with IUU instead of Production Points.

Good point, especially since the Mass Produced Cap allows just that!

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 May 2011 12:37 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ok, I am redesigning the shipyard sheet. I have renamed several columns and added some functions to let excel do some of the work for us. The player will now enter the turn the construction started, the build time, the cost in WU, PP, and/or IUU and the descriptive info on the unit(ie. destroyer Ines Class, shipyard location and name, etc.). The excel function will calculate the remaining time till done using the following formula as an example.

=IF(SUM(D7+E7-GM!B4)<0,"-",SUM(D7+E7-GM!B4))

Basically, the way this is setup is that if i get a negative number it will show a '-' in the Turns Till complete column indicating that either the shipyard is empty or the ship was finished on a previous turn.

A zero (0) will indicate a ship finished that turn and will be processed and cleared from the shipyard automatically.

The program is looking for a turn number in the Turn Started column to see what has been purchased for a given turn. So if it is processing for turn 11, any 11's in this column will indicate a purchase for that turn and will be processed accordingly by adding the Wu, PP or IUU to the ship expenses.

As of right now there is a rule that permits a ship to be paid in increments over time. I ran into the issue that I cannot track what has been paid for a particular turn without adding an undo number of additional columns to track this info. For now we will have to have the player simply pay for it in one lump sum.

PostPosted: 14 May 2011 12:48 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

that is a lot of pasting and fixing the formula each time. I wish i remembered how to paste it so it updated the row numbers like when we first set the sheets up.

PostPosted: 14 May 2011 13:12 

haegan2007 wrote:
that is a lot of pasting and fixing the formula each time. I wish i remembered how to paste it so it updated the row numbers like when we first set the sheets up.

Can't you just look at the current formulas that were there and then mod them to add in the new variables?

Also, you gonna get on today?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 May 2011 13:13 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

my copy of the shipyard sheet has no formulas.

PostPosted: 14 May 2011 14:34 

haegan2007 wrote:
my copy of the shipyard sheet has no formulas.

I meant check the system sheet's shipyard formulas. Or any formula on that sheet.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 May 2011 19:21 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

programming bugs that take 30 minutes to find because i am too stupid to reset the baserow each time i go to a new sheet in the workbook are enough to make me scream!

When moving from the survey sheet to the shipyard sheet it was not reseting the baserow variable that tells the program what line to start at. so it was starting at row 300, way below where any info is that it could catch to process. Sigh. One bug down.

PostPosted: 18 May 2011 19:56 

haegan2007 wrote:
programming bugs that take 30 minutes to find because i am too stupid to reset the baserow each time i go to a new sheet in the workbook are enough to make me scream!

When moving from the survey sheet to the shipyard sheet it was not reseting the baserow variable that tells the program what line to start at. so it was starting at row 300, way below where any info is that it could catch to process. Sigh. One bug down.

Damn, that sounded nasty. Glad you caught it!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 May 2011 19:14 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

this output was actually from last night.

"Order not Processed. Planetary Movement Order."
"Unit: EX-1, Enemy Power: haloar, System: S-6, Planet: 1, Region: "
"CCh Cost: , TU's: S-5, CC's: orbital movement for recon, End Region: , Notes: "

"Unable to Process Unit Movement."
"Fleet ID: Explorer One, Units: XCL-1, XCL-2, Start: R-2, S-1 Halaor, Start Time: turn 7, CCh Cost: 1"
"End Region or Hex: R-3, S-11 Planet, Orders: move to this planet to explore it. Should have EX-1 and PRO-1 on board for this. I may need an example for a load order"

"Order Processed. Ship Purchase."
"Location: Haloar, Slipway Capability: 3, Class Assigned: Destroyer, Turn Started: 7, Builds: 7, WU: 60, PP: 45, IUU: 0, Turns Left: 4"

Orders, regardless of whether they are processed or not, are noted in a turn log created each time the program is run. This log will need to be worked on to present the information more clearly. Rephrasing or even rearranging the data for readability is certainly open to discussion.

PostPosted: 19 May 2011 19:23 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Made a few minor changes: but most did not show up. changes were mostly in the right hand shipyards code.

"Order not Processed. Planetary Movement Order."
"Unit: EX-1, Enemy Power: haloar, System: S-6, Planet: 1, Region: "
"CCh Cost: , TU's: S-5, CC's: orbital movement for recon, End Region: , Notes: "

"Order not Processed. Naval Movement Order."
"Fleet ID: Explorer One, Units: XCL-1, XCL-2, Start: R-2, S-1 Halaor, Start Time: turn 7, CCh Cost: 1"
"End Region or Hex: R-3, S-11 Planet, Orders: move to this planet to explore it. Should have EX-1 and PRO-1 on board for this. I may need an example for a load order"

"Order Processed. Ship Purchase."
"Location: Haloar, Slipway Capability: 3, Class Assigned: Destroyer, Turn Started: 7, Build Time: 7, WU: 60, PP: 45, IUU: 0, Turns Left: 4"

PostPosted: 19 May 2011 20:15 

Looking good bud. We are getting there! :br

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 May 2011 20:48 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ok, several sheets are done(diplo, survey, trade) and will have their orders parsed out and given to the GM to handle. Research has changed since we last did these sheets and we determined that the current order arrangements will not work with the teams based focus. Ken will spend the next day or so making a research sheet that permits us to parse with the program.

This also may undergo several revisions as we go along and find better ways of doing this.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2011 19:48 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Research sheet is almost done. I need to place the adjusted RP expenditures and other info modified during the turn processing at the top, and have a roll done for research success based on this.

I have spent far too much time not programming. Arrays should not be this hard!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011 20:19 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I did not track the Teams used, nor the IHoL names for F4 and G4 on the R&D sheet. That is next and should be done quickly.

A check has been put in for whether or not the detected IHol can support the RP that has been allotted to them. If not, then no roll is done and an alert is put into the Turn summary file.

The Research roll table is done and is referenced. It returns: Major success, success, failure, Catastrophic failure.

Results are entered onto the worksheet and into the Turn Summary File.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2011 19:40 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The Misc Orders page is going to need to be processed twice. Once for the Events for inclusion into the turns file, and once for inclusion into the manufacturing for infra, Tn, and facs.

Units will likely have to be manually included into the ground and air manufacturing sheet for now. This sheet may require a rebuild to be able to be parsed easily.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011 19:36 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Order expenditures for the Misc_Orders sheet are done. Now we need to parse the sheet again to place infra, Tn, and Facs onto the const sheet.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011 19:50 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

turn number on the system const sheet is not updating. I am now going to store this in a variable instead and see if it fixes it.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011 18:10 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

on the system workbook, on the terrain sheet, the P column is referenced by the RM totaling formulas.